Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas, Indeed

My thoughts this morning:
What? I only have 15 minutes to take a shower, get dressed, and pack my things? .... Well then, I'm not eating breakfast.

My MT's supposed thoughts this morning:
What? You can't eat breakfast, too? Oh, well.... *looks around* here is some cake. I'll pack some for you. Oh, and you can eat if for lunch, too!

Why can't I just walk down to the store and buy some juice? I suppose I should be happy. Thankful. Thank you for thinking of me.

My MT and her husband thought of me again on the car ride to school. They turned the radio to an English station. However, it wasn't the normal station I was expecting to hear. The news was broadcasted in English, then Korean, and then the announcers became teachers and the English news report was broken down and thoroughly explained. I wasn't expecting to have an English lesson.

We arrived at school and my request to walk to the nearby grocery store and buy a drink was refused. My MT made me some tea in the teacher's office, and we headed for the classroom. Then, I proceeded to spill the tea on my way out the door. Fortunately, the scalding hot water did not leave a burn on my hands. I think the water's competition with the 1 degree weather outside prevented any serious pain.

So, how was my Christmas? Monday evening, I went to Wonju with my MT to watch performances at her church. They were funny and incredibly entertaining, but some of the skits weren't as enjoyable as they could have been (language barrier). Still, thanks to the universal language of gestures, the night proved quite enjoyable. The other members of the church spent the night caroling around town. My MT and I returned home and waited for one of the groups to arrive at her door. It was far more reasonable to sit in the warm room, though I can't remember the last time I went caroling. Perhaps I was nine years old? No, there was that time in high school with the French club... Ah, anyways!

Christmas day was also spent at church. There was a service, and then my MT's family and I went to go eat lunch together. Afterwards, we returned home and everyone agreed that it was best to take a nap. Only, I hadn't felt like taking a nap. The kids had only had 4.5 hours of sleep due to caroling way past midnight. I'm not sure how much sleep the parents had had. I had somehow slept quite well, though after every meal a slight "food coma" would start to affect me. So while everyone went to nap, I sat in the kitchen making a fancy paper snowflake (the 3D kind). In the evening, we went out for dinner at a restaurant not too far from home. We feasted on yummy samgyeopsal! Upon returning home, I played a few rounds of Go! Stop! with the kids. Seriously, no matter how many times they explain it, that game remains the most intensely confusing game I've ever played. I somehow managed to win a few rounds, but I still don't understand why I won.

That brings us to this morning, which I've already informed you about. Hee, hee. :D

'Til next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment