Thursday, March 29, 2012

You've Got Mail! A Snack To Be Exact!

Omo...  I think this is the Korean equivalent of "oh my".

Today, as soon as I walked into the classroom and over to my desk, my mentor teacher says, "This is for you. It's from Woo Jin. He told me to do/say it exactly like that," and she hands me this packet of cookies. Wow, I thought. I got cookies! *Kermit the frog "yay"* At his desk, Woo Jin was looking carefully at me and my mentor teacher. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to but I kept looking at him, and whispered a small thank you. The other kids weren't really paying attention anyways. It reminded me of those days in elementary school where you ask someone to be your messenger and pass notes and things to people you're too shy to speak to in public. Actually, I'm not sure why he wanted his teacher to hand me the cookies. Maybe because then the other kids wouldn't notice him giving food to a teacher, or maybe so that it would appear that the teacher was handing me snacks. Either way, I'm definitely thankful for these cookies. I just ate them and might I say they were delicious. I haven't been feeling to well this week. My throat's feeling a bit tight and sore today, and my head hurts slightly (but I will attribute that to having my hair pulled back too tightly). I hope that I can fend off any sickness.

'Til next time,
-Shirby

No comments:

Post a Comment